A Bit About... Me!
Hello, My name is Bailey Wilson. I am a sophomore at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education and hope to teach Kindergarten or 1st grade when I graduate! I plan to graduate in the Spring of 2012. I will probably start teaching and work on getting my Masters Degree after graduation.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Blogging in the Classroom

Blogging is a great tool to be used in the classroom. As a teacher, I can use blogs to keep parents involved in their child's life. Teachers can post information about what is going on in the classroom onto the class blog. I can post the lesson plans for the week onto the blog so that parents can know which night of the week the students will have the most homework. I think it is a great way for parents to contact me about questions they have about the classroom. Not only can I post information, such as the lunch menu, student birthdays, and information about what is going on in the classroom, but I can get parents feedback. Students can also use blogs to learn how to read, write, type, and use a computer. Students can learn so much about other cultures by being assigned to a student in another country. I think that blogging is a very useful tool that should be used in classrooms worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment